Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baby Squirrels

The squirrels have become used to me, and have made the association between me and food.  So now I put my hand in their box and they all compete to be the first to climb into it.  Nobody offers to bite anymore.

I don't even have to keep track anymore of which one/s I've fed; the hungry one/s will climb aboard eagerly.

Within a day or two, I shall remove them from the cat carrier in which they now reside and put them into a wire cage.  Easier to keep clean, and it will give them a chance to learn to climb. 

Kittens, meanwhile, have learned they can get over the barrier I've put at the kitchen door.  They don't much care to, but any day now I'm going to have a problem.  Guess I'll have to devise some sort of better top for their playpen.  They learned 3 days ago they could get out of the existing one.

1 comments:

elizabeth said...

enjoying these posts!