Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From my Daughter-in-Law

.

The boys and I were in Target a few weeks ago and the cashier looked at them and said, "You sure are cute twins". Ryan looked at her and responded, " I'm not a twin". He looked at Connor who said, " Me too" ( of course meaning I'm not either).

Since then I have tried to explain to them that they are twins. They kept telling me no. So, I just dropped the subject deciding to put it off until they are older.

We recently got the boys out of their cribs ( I know we were lucky to keep them in for so long) and bought each of them his own big boy bed. I will let the attached picture speak for itself, but just before they fell asleep Ryan looked at Connor, put his hand on his cheek and said, " You my twin", to which Connor smiled. What a nice memory!



Awww! Look how they're holding on to each other as they sleep!

3 comments:

Christopher D. Hall said...

Stories like this make me wish that there will be babies and toddlers in the Resurrection, but I just don't know.

Perhaps I am a sap, but this brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Here's a thought: in heaven, *everyone* will have all the best qualities of babies and toddlers, all the stuff that makes us smile, brings tears to our eyes, takes our hearts and twists them.

Says who? Why, Jesus, of course! "Of such is the kingdom of heaven." Surely that's what He meant?

William Weedon said...

Absolutely adorable.