Sunday, June 8, 2008

Goodbye to a Good Egg

Lucky Egg, the baby bluebird, is ready for his new home.

He now looks like this:



I've done my part and today I'm taking him to Amber, where he will go into one of her flight cages with five other Bluebirds. They already know how to pick up their own food, and will teach him, while he also learns to fly.

I can't tell you what a great joy this beautiful boy has been. But the greatest joy was when Demetrios said, "I now see that it is a wonderful thing you do, to raise a little miracle like this and then release him."

I've been waiting years for that. Thank you, God.

Mom, following her surgery to put in a new shoulder, is being released from her rehab unit tomorrow (hooray!) and Rosie, her home health care helper, is on vacation this week, so I'm going to spend a couple of days with Mom to make sure she is able to be on her own again. Leaving for Springfield this evening.

.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I saw the title of you post on my RSS Blog feed I started to worry...but no more!!!
I am happy for Lucky Egg and you!!!