Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Death and Hell -- Vanquished!

This is from Deb's blog. I love it. I had to share it.

Yes, I do hate that death that came and took Isaac from his mother’s womb and left her childless at 50. I hate that disease that took Barbara, leaving her daughters without a mother. But, I can raise my fist and shout.. “you don’t get to have them” because Christ has risen from the dead, trampling down death by death and upon those in the tomb bestowing life!

Whenever I hear church bells now I begin to weep, because what I hear are the gates of Hell being ripped off their hinges and torn asunder.

“Hell swallowed a man but received God instead”


.

3 comments:

William Weedon said...

That's my SIS!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Yes, it is -- talking in part about MY sis!

Three cheers for sisters, whether in the flesh or in law!

William Weedon said...

Indeed. She's been my sister-in-law for so long, she just seems like my sister. I wish we didn't live so far apart. Sigh.

And I know she thought the world of Barbara. Still praying for the girls, and hope they are doing well.