Saturday, March 15, 2008

From my Niece's Blog (Grace)

STUPID CANCER, WE HATES IT.

The world lost a special knitter. My aunt lost her battle with cancer last week. It seems trite to even mention it here, in the same post where I am about to discuss pillow shams. At the same time, it would sound cliché to go on and on, because she really was everything we say about people when they're gone, even if they weren't... like funny, kind, brilliant, beautiful. It would in fact be the world’s easiest eulogy, if it wasn’t so damn unfair for someone like that to die so early.

When I think of Aunt Barbara, I see her with a grin and a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Hers was one of the first few smiles I saw when I came into the world! Here she is on the left, with her two daughters, and my mom on the right. This was taken two years ago. See? Too early.




Blogs are funny that way. You can’t say too much; you can’t say nothing. Maybe the most important thing to say is this: PLEASE GET MAMMOGRAMS.

My uncle said he would send me her unfinished knitting to finish up. I hope he does.

(What does one say after that? Let's go with a joke. She wouldn't mind.)


“YOUR BIGGEST OBSTICLE COULD BE YOU”
So says the local church sign. For some people, specifically, it’s their spelling that’s the problem.


Aw, shucks. I was hoping I'd get to finish up that knitting. But it's a Christmas stocking for her employer's daughter and I do realize Grace has much more practice than I have in turning a heel.

Grace, your mom got her mammogram earlier this week, and mine is set for Monday morning!

0 comments: