Thursday, April 8, 2010

Slamming into Summer

Not six weeks ago there was snow on the ground here. Now the weather forecaster says be happy; the temperature will finally cool off tomorrow: only reach the mid-80's Fahrenheit!

The trees here are so confused that they began sprouting blossoms and leaves at the same time, leaving no chance to admire branches bedecked with just flowers.  Our grass already needs mowing.

Don't we even get, you know, a transition period, a gradual working up to Summer, a season called Spring?

I really cannot complain, as Summer is my favorite season and given my way, would last forever and ever, but this is weird. This makes me worry about global warming.

7 comments:

margaret said...

Weird indeed. We are just about a month late with everything but still getting spring which makes me happy.

Spinneretta said...

I know, I have been worried about all my seeds, which are of course the cool season crops!
I did manage to get some photos of the blossoms last week when it was cooler though...
(I'm just North of Richmond, VA)

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Spinneretta, what lovely blogs you have! You are very talented, both in photography and drawing, especially the latter (in my uneducated opinion).

So you and I live fairly close together and we both knit and crochet - what fun! Do you also (I gather) spin? That I haven't learned.

Spinneretta said...

Anastasia thank you very much for your compliments :)

Indeed I do spin :) I have 4 spinning wheels- 2 antique, 1 rescued and one that was brand new when we got it :)
I don't spin as often as I like- my kids seem to think they can help! ;)

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Four spinning wheels! Yes, you are dedicated.

Have you read any of Stephanie Pearl-McPhees books on knitting? I love "The Yarn Harlot" and "Knitting Rules!"

If you haven't read these and would like them, I'll be very happy to send them to you, as I've read them each twice already and would be delighted for them to find a new home with another yarn person like you.

Spinneretta said...

I don't think I have read either of them, although I occasionally read her blog :)

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Spineretta, if you'd like, send me your snail mail address at

anastasiatheo001ATcomcastDOTnet

and I'll mail you the two books.