Monday, December 17, 2007

Gratitude for Things Small and Large

.
There are two pairs of cardinals outside my window, sitting in the holly tree, the first I've seen in months. Greece doesn't have cardinals.

Greece doesn't have squirrels, either, like the ones playing on my lawn, or chipmunks, except in cages to be sold as "pets". (I have raised and rehabbed enough chipmunks to be able to tell you, they would make terrible pets!)

My sister Wendy has a "life verse": In every thing, give thanks. (I Thess. 5:18) She's right.

Or rather, St. Paul is.

In every thing, give thanks.

Why? Because those who know God know that He, Who loves us better than we can love ourselves and Whose wisdom is fathomless, knows what He is doing. And it is always, always for the best.

We just have to find how to make the best of it.

But we don't wait until then to give thanks.

0 comments: