Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering


Every September 11th, after I put the American flag in its bracket outside my front door, I watch the videotape I bought of CNN's coverage of that day in 2001.

There are two main differences between watching that day and now. One is that now, watching it unfold, I know exactly what is going to happen next, while the reporters have no idea. The second thing that strikes me so is that this time, those catastrohic events no longer seem surreal.

I watch, I remember, I cry. I cry not only for that day, but even more for all the lives and everything else lost since in the aftermath.

Kyrie, eleison!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, as Deacon Steve Hayes noted on his blog, it is the four year anniversary of the tragic death Patriarch Petros of Alexandria and those with him.

http://khanya.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/11-september-anniversary/

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Lord, have mercy.....

Tony said...

Memory eternal

Don said...

Memory Eternal.