Friday, October 24, 2008

Now There's a Reversal!

This year, I've released 8 squirrels in my own yard,. (I've raised more, but they were released elsewhere.) So every morning I take a cup of squirrel munch and place it on a tree stump outside our sunroom windows, and we watch the squirrels and chipmunks eating their breakfast while we eat ours.

Squirrel munch consists of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, puppy chow, parrot chow, raisins, Cheerios, and dried corn. I add acorns Daphne gave me, fresh apple slices, and frozen green peas.

The trouble is, there's a little Nuthatch who lives in the nearest tree, who comes and helps himself to the sunflower seeds. So today I found myself thinking, "Get away from my squirrel feeder, you thieving bird!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Patty Harbort Erickson. Your sister was my best friend at Seoul American. I didn't find out about her passing until today. I am so sorry for your loss. I am just devastated. I am very sorry about your father, too. He and your mom were always nice to me.

Anonymous said...

oop. patty: guess98224@aol.com

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Patty, it's so good to hear from such a good friend of Barbara's! Thank you so much for leaving your kind note. And I'm sorry for your loss, too.

Out of curiosity, how did you ever find me?

For those of you who don't know, my father was once stationed in Korea with the U.N. Command there, while Barbara was still living at home and the rest of us were out of the nest.

Anonymous said...

Anastasia, I found your website after doing a search for Barbara. Your blog entry about her death popped up.

Patty