Saturday, September 4, 2010

Amy Hits Several Nails on the Head

Here is a post I must recommend to you. It's about being judgmental.

It's also, secondarily, about how to dress for church.  Here's a tidbit that says it all so well:

"...if God can’t love me in my jeans and tank top in church, then He isn’t a God I want to worship anyway...” God looks at the heart, right?

God does look at our heart - yes. And our outward appearance and words testify to the state of our heart. The problem with my acquaintance’s comment is that she disregarded what God says about dressing modestly and appropriate for worship and took on the attitude of:

I am not budging; God can meet me right where I am.

If we were to meet the President of the United States, most of us would not show up in a bathing suit. It’s the same reason I don’t show up to photograph a wedding in a tube top and cut-off shorts. For some reason, though, the worship of our Lord has become, in some places, casual...relaxed... ho hum, irreverent and far from sacred. We are to give God our best, whatever that best may be.

Yes, it is the inward things that are most important. But the outward things are also important, both in themselves and because they reflect and affect our inner selves.

God is definitely worth dressing up for!

1 comments:

amy said...

Ah! Anastasia, thank you for sharing my link; I am honored by your endorsement.

God bless you in all your travels; your blog is a blessing to me!

amy