Monday, September 20, 2010

Orthograph Idea

This is for you, s-p! I’d love to see a graph (unless you’ve already done it and I missed it) showing the ratio between the number of worshippers in attendance, especially bishops, and the length of time it takes a cantor to sing “Amen”.

(NOTE: Steven Paul Robinson’s Orthographs may be the best Orthodox satire going. No, he isn’t satirizing Christ’s Church or the holy Faith; it’s worse than that; he’s poking fun at US! And it’s a sharp needle he uses, too. Also, on a more serious note, check out s-p’s outstanding Orthodox podcasts here.)

2 comments:

Anam Cara said...

I am a convert and within the first two years of my time in the Orthodox church, I remember someone telling me that the Greeks sing, "Al-le-lu-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-a.

Perhaps that would be another orthodograph - something about how long the Alleluia's take.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Thank you, Steve; I'' do that.

Anam, :-)

So true, so true!