Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gingerbread


Sydney, as Dorothy, Decorating Gingerbread House


Last night, my phone rang and a small voice said, "Dorofy?"

I hastily changed my voice into a higher register and said, "Yes, this is Dorothy from Kansas. Who are you?"

"Sydney."

"How old are you, Sydney?"

"I'm three! And I am wearing my Dorofy dress, just like yours. I have all the costumes, and Mommy braided my hair and it has YOUR blue ribbons in it!"

"Sydney, Sydney...oh, I remember you! We had lunch together a couple of weeks ago, and we had our picture taken together!"

"Yeah, that's me! And I can sing all your songs. 'SomeWHERE, over the rainbow...'"

And so the conversation went, for 5 minutes or so. Such fun!

Here's Dorofy, decorating her gingerbread house.

To see another gingerbread project, this time a gingerbread model of an Orthodox Church, check out Harry's blog. Awesome!

4 comments:

Rosko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosko said...

Anastasia,
Your story and your project are amazing and wonderful. I much enjoy your photos. Thanks for the shout out, I really appreciate it!

Harry AKA Ramblin' Rosko

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Oops, my deep apololgies! I didn't pay close enough attention. I DID know your name is Harry.

Will correct right now.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

For the record, I myself had nothing to do with this gingerbread house. I just posted the picture. Sydney and her mommy did it all.