Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Sydney, as Dorothy, Decorating Gingerbread House

Last night, my phone rang and a small voice said, "Dorofy?"

I hastily changed my voice into a higher register and said, "Yes, this is Dorothy from Kansas. Who are you?"


"How old are you, Sydney?"

"I'm three! And I am wearing my Dorofy dress, just like yours. I have all the costumes, and Mommy braided my hair and it has YOUR blue ribbons in it!"

"Sydney, Sydney...oh, I remember you! We had lunch together a couple of weeks ago, and we had our picture taken together!"

"Yeah, that's me! And I can sing all your songs. 'SomeWHERE, over the rainbow...'"

And so the conversation went, for 5 minutes or so. Such fun!

Here's Dorofy, decorating her gingerbread house.

To see another gingerbread project, this time a gingerbread model of an Orthodox Church, check out Harry's blog. Awesome!


Rosko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosko said...

Your story and your project are amazing and wonderful. I much enjoy your photos. Thanks for the shout out, I really appreciate it!

Harry AKA Ramblin' Rosko

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Oops, my deep apololgies! I didn't pay close enough attention. I DID know your name is Harry.

Will correct right now.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

For the record, I myself had nothing to do with this gingerbread house. I just posted the picture. Sydney and her mommy did it all.