Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yesterday

Actually, the most interesting thing that happened to us yesterday was not my cardioversion; I know nothing about that. I maybe, maybe, remember thinking, one time only, "That must be the electricity going through me," but without caring. (Or am I imagining that and not really remembering at all?)

And I remember thinking, afterward, "Oh, my goodness; I forgot to tell the doctor I'm pregnant!" and sort of smiling to myself at my little secret, and at the wonder of anybody my age being pregnant. But then, the effort to concentrate upon the question of whether this procedure might have harmed my baby woke me up long enough to realize there was no way I could be pregnant. No way. (It's Grace, my niece, who is; her son is due February 10th.)

The most interesting thing that happened was actually while we were sitting in the little room waiting for me to be called. We had a little earthquake. The hospital rocked back and forth about five or six times.

Thing about an earthquake is, by the time you look at each other and one asks, "Is this an earthquake?" and the other says, "Yes," - it's over. It's too late to do anything if you needed to. Fortunately, we didn't need to.

4 comments:

Christopher D. Hall said...

If an earthquake didn't work, then certainly an elevator wouldn't, but glory to God that the electricity worked!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

LOL! It's not that I wasn't scared, but apparently I wasn't scared enough to have an elevator conversion. Too bad; I certainly was hoping for one.

Yes, glory to God!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

It is a delight to see that you are back in 100% top form, Anastasia !!!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. Not 100%, but perhaps 90%.