Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Change of Plans

Demetrios came home from his annual checkup at the cardiologist's today with good news and bad.  The good news is, his heart is looking very good indeed.  The bad news is, his carotid artery is almost completely blocked.

Obviously, this means surgery, promptly, probably within the next several days. 

The main risk in this type of surgery is stroke, either during the procedure or in the next 2-3 days.  Please pray for us.  We are going to need an awful lot of prayers.

Our trip to Greece and England, scheduled for next week, is put off indefinitely.

12 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I'm sorry you've had to put off your trips, but with good reasons. I pray Demetrios will do well through surgery and heal quickly. Keep us updated!

elizabeth said...

Will pray. Hugs. Keep us posted.

Anam Cara said...

Certainly, prayers beginning with tonight's!

We love you!

Sarah in Indiana said...

Glory to God that the blockage was found--praying.

DebD said...

praying for you and Demetrios.

mamajuliana said...

I will pray, too.

GretchenJoanna said...

I will pray for you both, and the doctor.

David Garner said...

Prayers ascend, Anastasia. I'm glad it was found through testing rather than an ischemic event. Please do keep us updated.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Keeping you both close to my heart in my daily prayers.......

Sasha said...

+
P.S. Please leave me a note (somewhere at theophool.blogspot.com/) when you know the date of the surgery - so I don't miss it.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Thanks to all of you. Sasha, I'll keep you posted. I will be adding your blog to my sidebar soon.

margaret said...

I've only just seen this. Will pray to St Luke the Surgeon for Demetrios. love, Margaret