Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thine is the Power

It wasn't the scourging.  It wasn't the slapping or the mocking or the spitting or the nails or the cross or dehydration or asphyixiation that killed Christ.  It wasn't the human malice we see at work, it wasn't our sins, it most assuredly was not God the Father (!), and it wasn't satan the adversary, either. 

Who or what killed Him, then?  Nothing.  Nobody.  What could ever kill Him, Who IS life?  He died according to His own will, to free us from death.  He gave a loud cry, the roar of the Lion of Judah, just as He died, showing He was still in His full strength.  "I lay down My life that I may take it again.  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."    (John 10:17b-18)

Half His hearers (v. 19) thought He was mad when he said this, or demon-possessed.  But let us cry, "Christ is risen!  He is risen indeed!  Alleluia!"

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Truly He is risen! Kalo Pascha! What joy we now have.

amy said...

Hristos vosskresse!

A blessed Pascha to you & your family †

GretchenJoanna said...

A wonderful reminder!
Christ is risen!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

It's just such a wonder!!!!