Saturday, May 10, 2008

Parrot Needs Good Home

Have you always wanted an Amazon Parrot (not sure exactly which species) but could not justify the approximatetly $1,500 to buy one? Here's your chance. This came in today from a fellow rehabber.


Had a call on the hotline yesterday, from a very sweet elderly lady who is caring for her dying brother. Her brother is concerned about finding a good home for his pet Amazon Parrot. If you know of anyone who would be interested, or have any suggestions, please let me know. I'd really like to help these folks out.

The parrots name is Petie! He is 17 years old. The man has had him 16 years. Petie likes chicken, pasta, bologna, coleslaw...all sorts of things. He talks a little, even says "go to sleep" when he's ready to call it a day!

Terrie


I'd take this parrot in a heartbeat. But we do live part-time to Greece and are hoping this year to be there even longer than usual, and next year to spend 6 to 8 months there...

.

3 comments:

JTKlopcic said...

Well, if nobody else has spoken up, my wife and I are seriously talking about it. Our cockatiel died recently, and even with 10 children in the house, there is still an empty spot in the living room where he used to hang out.

I'm sure that owning a parrot is a completely different thing from a cockatiel, but if the bird can put up with a very busy house, we would definitely consider it.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Excellent! If you'll e-mail me at anastasiatheo01@verizon.net, so I have your e-mail address, I will send you the name and phone number of the woman who is in charge of the parrot, and you can call her if you decide to take him.

I travel back and forth between here and Northern Virginia frequently and would be happy to bring Petie to you if you do end up taking him.

How exciting!

This lady, whom I'm told is VERY nice, will be so grateful and so will her dying brother.

(That's anastasiatheo zero one at verizon.net)

DebD said...

I wanted an Amazon for a very long time, but I think, like you, my lifestyle is not conducive yet. I even talked with Barbara about it once, but she agreed that life is too busy for a bird.

Sounds like it might be going to a very nice home though.