Monday, May 12, 2008

Is This Sweet, or What?

Saturday as I was carrying food to the four squirrels who now live outside, two little girls on bikes stopped. One of them asked me, "Do you have lots of animals?"

When I said I had, they were full of questions. Eventually I invited them inside, very briefly, to look at Tiki Mouse, Rebel and Reba Raccoons, and all the birds. I made them leave after 5 minutes or so, though, on account of their parents not knowing where they were, and their not knowing me. They announced, as they were leaving, that they were starting up a "Pet Services" business, and promised to bring me a brochure.

Two hours later, Allie and Cait knocked on my door and handed me an envelope that looked like this.




When I opened the envelope, here is what I found inside. I thought it was precious and I had to share it with you.







(I have cropped out the phone number that is written in red on the bottom of this last picture.)

This evening, the girls came by again and asked, "Do you have any animal chores for us to do?"

I said, "Yes," and had them carry the squirrels' food outside for them, and showed them how to feed the baby birds, which they had a ball doing. AND they got paid. I gave them a dollar for their effort.

Then they headed next door, to feed Frances' fish. She has an ornamental pond full of koi.

.

4 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

They are so sweet indeed, but they are also completely right in their opinions of you !!!!!!!

DebD said...

That is very sweet.

JTKlopcic said...

They are also quite enterprising to go out and drum up some business. I like their sales pitch -- personal artwork and compliments! Madison Avenue should take note.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Yup, that's why I paid them, to reward their enterprise.

(I think Madison Avenue already knows all about flattery...)

Elizabeth, YOU are sweet.