Sunday, August 3, 2008

Continuing Vigil

Dad has been conscious for 3 days now, and no longer having convulsions. But he is still looking the way Barbara did 3 or 4 days before she died; there's that same "death look" on his face, in his eyes.

I'm staying with Mom in Springfield (Virginia); Wendy has also arrived. We sit with him in shifts, not yet including the hours between midnight and 6 a.m., however.

It won't last long, I'm thinking.

And there's no way, in a public blog, to express how awful all this is, for all sorts of reasons. Much, much tougher for me than Barbara's death in March.

Kyrie, eleison!

10 comments:

Weekend Fisher said...

I am so sorry. The LORD be at your side and his.

Tony said...

As always, you are in my prayers.

Monica said...

Lord have mercy...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Anastasia,
assuring you of my prayers.

Lord have mercy on you all and grant you comfort.

DebD said...

Prayers for you and the family

Fr. Gregory Hogg said...

God give you grace and strength!

Claire said...

Dear Anastasia,

My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Love,
Claire

"We went through fire and water..." Psalm 66:12

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read about this. We are praying for you and your family. May the Lord give you strength and mercy during this time.

JTKlopcic said...

I am sorry to read this. Lord, have mercy on your servant.

William Weedon said...

Hugs, dear one. I commend you and your father and your family into the hands of the Crucified and Risen One. May He fill you all with the comfort of His presence, the peace of His love.