Monday, August 25, 2008

Fountain of Life

Angelina Bombolina (the orphaned mouse) crawls onto my hand eagerly as soon as I put it near her. Then she goes crazy, wriggling in my fingers, desperately looking for the miniature rubber nipple she has learned is somewhere nearby. I have to make her lie upon my third finger and grasp her head firmly with thumb and first two fingers, to hold her still long enough to make the connection. I squeeze one droplet of formula onto her mouth and then she calms down, opens up, and begins drinking.

The three infant squirrels start making sucking movements as soon as I pick them up. Blind and helpless, they, too, nose about greedily for their meal and require to be controlled and stilled before they can find it.

Somewhere in there, there's got to be an allegory of the Christian life.

4 comments:

Rosko said...

OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!

Anastasia! You've been given an I (heart) your blog award. Check out this post for details:
http://kd5tmu.blogspot.com/2008/08/award-nomination-from-kyriaki.html

Anonymous said...

*floored*

What a treat to have discovered your blog as well!

Tony said...

Hmmm gimme a few days and maybe I can come up with one...

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Dear Rosko (Harry),

Thank you! You are very kind to bestow this honor upon my blog.

Don't ask me why, because I'm not sure, but something in me just doesn't feel right about my participating in this meme. Forgive me, please, and thank you again!

love,
Anastasia