Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Later...

Early next week I hope to be able to post something more about thinking and over-thinking.  But I have company coming for the weekend, so won't be able to get to it before next week.  My son Mark is coming, together with his wonderful Katherine and their children, Kelly and her twin brothers, Ryan and Connor.

Please excuse me now; I'm off on a spider hunt.  While I am normally generous in providing these tiny eight-legged critters a nice, warm, predator-free home in various corners of my ceiling, there are occasions when I turn predator myself and go around and vacuum them up, together with their webs. 

:-) 

3 comments:

Anam Cara said...

I am never that generous, although I get my husband, son, or some poor relative who happens to be close by to remove them in what ever way they see fit.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Well, I'm not talking about the type that requires a husband or a son to deal with. No, I'm only talking about the eensie, weensie, teeny, tiny ones I never notices unless I go looking - wearing my glasses. Even then, I mostly just notice the cobwebs. But if you look very, very closely (or even if you don't), the owner is almost always there somewhere.

When I said I am usually generous, of course I meant I am usually too lazy to go around looking for them and vacuuming them up.

Did you know ALL spiders are poisonous? But most of them are too small to hurt you. Not sure whether that means they can't get their mouths around a chunk of you or whether it means they don't have enough venom or their venom is not potent enough to harm humans - or all of the above.

Anyway, the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse are the ones you have to watch out for.

margaret said...

I quite like spiders in the house, any size, but my cats don't. I haven't seen one since they arrived. Just as well I don't believe in luck.